General Data Protection Regulations Privacy Statement
When you supply your personal details to Parkview Chiropractic Clinic they are stored and processed three ways:
- We have a legal obligation to maintain medical notes in order to provide you with treatment.
- Provided we have your consent, we would like to contact you in order to confirm your appointment with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. Under the GDPR, this is known as Legitimate Interest.
- Again, provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of newsletters / advice / discount offers or general advice. This, too, constitutes Legitimate Interest under the GDPR.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored:
- On paper, in locked filing cabinets and the clinic rooms are locked out of working hours.
- Electronically ("in the cloud") using a specialist medical records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected.
- On our computers. These are password protected, backed up regularly and the clinic itself is locked out of working hours with key controlled access.
- If a record card is transferred, even temporarily, from one clinic to another then the record card itself will be transported in a locked travel case.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent.
Only the following people will have routine access to your data:
- The medical records service who store and process our files
- The clinic administration service because they have to organise the practitioners diary and co-ordinate appointments and reminders
- Your practitioner in order that they can provide you with treatment.